Monday, September 22, 2008

Women of Faith Conference


When first I heard of the conference,
I wasn’t moved to go
I had a thousand reasons why
but none made sense, you know?

I told myself I had no time,
I’d probably get sick in the van
Could I afford the time off work
and a voice said “yes you can”.

When I start hearing voices,
I figure it’s God telling me
to step out of my comfort zone
and it might just set me free

It always pays to listen to God,
the conference brought joy to my soul
as the speakers shared what God desires,
so each woman in him may be whole

Patsy Clairmont kept us laughing,
while helping us understand
about the emotional journey,
that for women is part of God’s plan

Sheila Walsh and Sandi Patty,
testified of the God they love
Singing to him in joyful praise,
as if angels sang out from above

Nicole C. Mullen was “rockin the house”,
when she sings you can’t stay in your seat
Leaving no doubt that it’s God she serves,
she has everyone on their feet

Seventeen thousand women,
gathered in one place
worshipping the God we serve,
hearing of Infinite Grace

Women from all walks of life,
joined in one accord
Laughing, singing, praising God,
in the presence of our Lord

Those of us from DPC
who attended Last weekend's event
Came away blessed and renewed,
knowing our time was well spent.

So women I encourage you
if you’ve ever the chance to go
Pack your bags, hop in the van,
you’ll be more blessed then you know.


No comments: