Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Strength

You tell me faith is for the weak that only fools believe.
You tell me that there is no God and that I’ve been deceived.

You say that all of life evolved, and from the mire took shape,
I say that from your heart of sin you’re trying to escape.

You tell me that my faith’s a crutch and that it cripples me,
I say to you, my faith sustains, it’s made me whole and free.

For years, like you, I ran from God, I struggled on my own,
searching for some purpose, trapped in my comfort zone.

If I was to believe God’s word so much would have to change
so much of life as I had known I’d have to rearrange.

No longer could I focus on the worldly ways I knew.
Instead I learned to look to God to teach me what to do.

Like you, I always wanted more, I thought “things” gave me joy
but then I saw that discontent was surely Satan’s ploy.

Realizing happiness was not in what I owned
I gave my life to Jesus Christ, who for my sins atoned.

Through His selfless sacrifice He paved the way for man
to enter into paradise, Jehovah-jireh’s plan.



Jehovah-Jireh
The Lord Will Provide
Genesis 22:14

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marlene, your poetry is a gift from God; soul-searching, honest and a true testimony to His grace. Keep writing!

marlenews said...

Edith, you are just too kind. Thanks.